One of my favourite things about summer is by far the fruit! There’s no better combination than sweet berries mixed with cream on top of a sugary, crispy base. Pavlova is the perfect treat if you want to indulge in something delicious. This recipe is so simple but definitely does the job!
What are your favourite pavlova toppings? Leave a comment below to let me know.
- 4 large eggs
- 200g castor sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 250 ml whipped cream
- strawberries and assorted berries
- flake to decorate
- Preheat oven to 150 ⁰C
- Separate egg whites and whisk at medium setting until forming firm peaks
- Gradually add sugar and salt with mixer running
- Whisk at highest setting for 7-8 minutes until white, glossy and smooth
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread mixture in a circle with the middle lower than the outer part
- Bake for 1 hour until slightly golden
- Wait until pavlova to cool then top with cream, strawberries, berries and crumbled flake before serving
Featured Image: Strawberry pavlova. Credit @shabnam888