I love making these butter biscuits for my family and friends. They’re always the first to go and everyone asks me for the recipe. I think it’s because of the surprise centre! So what’s the surprise? Cadbury chocolate of course!
Have a go with the recipe and let me know if you become everyone’s favourite too! Best enjoyed with a cup of tea.
- ½ pound butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup maizena
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg yellow beaten
- Cadbury chocolate (top deck or plain)
- Vanilla essence
- Mix half a pound butter and sugar until creamy
- Add half cup maizena and mix
- Sift flour and add egg
- Take about a tablespoon of dough and flatten
- Wrap a half a block chocolate in the dough
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes at 180 ⁰C
Featured Image: Butter biscuits with tea. Credit @shabnam888